Sunday, June 06, 2010

Bird House

I did a bit more creating today, whilst watching both The Goodies and the Darling Buds of May (odd combination I know).  I find it very difficult to create unless I'm watching something, usually it's Bones, NCIS or Doctor Who but thanks to Blockbuster I had a bit of a change of  TV viewing!

Anyway, I found a template here, for the cutest bird house box.  I've been wanting to make a bird house and use the Two Step Bird Punch from the current Mini Catalogue and this one is super easy because all you have to do is print out the template onto a piece of card stock and then cut it out and put together. The only measuring you do is for the roof.

I know the pictures aren't very good, awful lighting!  Without further ado...my birdhouse complete with blue bird...


I promise it looks cuter in real life!


Side view..




The bird hose is Pink Pirouette cardstock.  I sponged Chocolate Chip ink on the bird's wing and Brilliant blue for the rest of the bird.  The hole in the bird house actually has a piece of medium thickness Window Sheet covering it.  I sponged the Chocolate Chip roof with Chocolate Chip ink and used a scallop edged piece of paper to make the scallop pattern. I know it's a bit difficult to see in the photo but it looks good.  The ribbon ties the roof and the body of the bird house together but if you didn't want to put anything inside the box you could omit the ribbon and just stick the roof down.

You could use the box to put in chocolates, or a small present, or even bird seed!  And you could decorate the bird house with flowers or use a background stamp on it to make it look more wood-like. 







No comments: