Saturday, June 05, 2010

Talk to the Animals

And now for something slightly different....a card made without stamps!  I've seen these cards and finally got a chance to make one...a Penguin card!! 

How versatile is the Big Shot Top Note Die?!  Not only can you make things like quilted cards and boxes, you can also make cute animals! 




I've named him Bert. :)

I'll even give you a run down on what I used to make Bert. 

Body: Top Note Die in Whisper White and a piece of Basic Black
Feet: Curly Label Punch in Pumpkin Pie
Flippers/Hands: Large Oval Punch in Basic Black
Nose/Beak:  Large Oval Punch (folded over in half)
Eyes: Circle from Big Shot Die Circles #2 and the white marks are made using my White Uniball Signo (also available from Stampin' Up)
Ribbon: Melon Mambo Polka Dot

Put them all together and you get the cutest Penguin in Queensland! :)  You can also get Bert to hold things, some people have given him a heart to hold, such as this one here.

I've also made a cute Monkey card using the monkey from Fox & Friends. 




This is just a small card and I got the idea off the Stampin' Up! Demonstrator website.  Demonstrator's get all sorts of ideas from Stampin' Up each month, which is very helpful!

Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes, Fox & Friends
Paper: Sahara Sand, Pink Pirouette, Certainly Celery, Whisper White
Ink: Chocolate chip
Accessories: Extra Large bird Punch (for the branch), Melon Mambo Polka Dot Ribbon, 4.4cm Circle Punch, Cropodile, Snail, Sticky Strip.

I recommend you have a go at making Bert the Penguin, its lots of fun and he's so cute!!

No comments: