Tuesday, November 07, 2006

The race that stops the nation!


Happy Melbourne Cup Day! And congratulations to Delta Blues, this years Melbourne Cup winnner.

Today is the day a horse race that is watched by millions of Aussies all over the country. It's one of the biggest horse races in all the world, similar I suppose to the Kentucky Derby. It's actually a very big deal and a chance for everyone to slack off work for a while and gamble. Two of the country's favourite things!

The last 3 years it has been won by Makybe Diva (I won $19 on her last year!) This year I put bets on Pop Rock and Geordieland. Silly me put $5 on Pop Rock to win, but it came 2nd! It was a nail biting ending and ended up being a photo finish with Delta Blues winning by a bit of a nose. Oh well, I only would have ended up with about $13 anyway so I'm not too upset!

No comments: