Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Vampires!


I'm in the middle of re-reading Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice. I read it once years ago and really enjoyed it so I decided I needed read it again. I'd totally forgotten that it's a bloody fantastic book! Very gripping. It's the sort of book where I can't stop thinking about it, even when I've put it down. I think I'm going to have to read the rest in the series and hire the movie from the video store.
Two Peas Monday Challenge: Answer these questions.
1- your worst habit? It's so hard to pick just one! I bite my nails all the time. I'm also quite lazy.
2- your best feature? I'm quite easy-going.
3- what you like most about your significant other/spouse? I'm single :)
4- if you could travel anywhere, where would it be? Everywhere? Um...Iceland is fairly high on my list, Paris, Monte Carlo, London, Bath, Italy, that ice hotel in Sweden, Prince Edward Island, Alaska, the North Pole, Graceland, Disneyland...to name just a few :)
5- what do you admire most in a dear friend you have? One of my very good friends makes me laugh...a lot!
Two PeasTuesday's Challenge: If you could learn another language, which would it be and why?
I have actually attempted to learn 2 foreign languages so far. I learnt German for 5 years at school. Quite a few years ago some bright spark thought that German would be a great language for Aussie kids to learn because it would be important sometime in our futures. I'm guessing they forgot that Germany's on the other side of the world. Luckily for all the kiddies at school now, someone has realised that Asia is in fact A LOT closer and will in fact be far more useful for people to learn. So kids are being taught Japanese and various other Asian languages.
The other language I attempted to learn was French. I did a 8 week evening TAFE course in 2003 because I was planning on going to France in 2004. I didn't learn a lot but a few phrases stuck, so that when I went to Paris (for a whole 3 days) I somehow managed to not offend anyone and managed to keep myself fed due to my fantastic knowledge of french food such as crepes, crossiants and McNuggets :)
The next language I would like to attempt to learn is Italian. Because I plan on going to Italy (and France and a few other places) in 2010.

No comments: