Friday, January 23, 2009

70th Birthday Card

This evening I did a fairly quick card for my Uncle. He turns 70 on Monday.

It's kind of an odd looking card and probably not very masculine but I'm going through a lime/brown/pink phase at the moment!

I used my cuttlebug numbers folder on the green paper. The green paper is basic grey, the blingy 70 is American Craft thickers and I used my nestabilities for the circle and scalloped circle. I have no idea who made the ribbon or the brown background paper!

The other thing I did tonight was figure out to put a watermark on my photos. I was worried I would need fancy photo editing software and I couldn't find my copy of Corel Draw so I did a bit of googling and came up with the instructions for creating a watermark using MS Paint! The tutorial can be found here. It's so very easy!

It's a lovely long weekend here in Oz and I'm so excited about getting to play with my new SU stamps tomorrow!! The weather is filthy hot at the moment so I'm very glad that I will be spending most of the weekend at my mum's place, as she has air conditioning! I intend to spend most of Saturday mounting my stamps and watching many episodes of Midsomner Murder (mum's addicted!) on DVD! :)

No comments: