Wednesday, October 25, 2006

More shopping!

I've had such a busy day today. I've cleaned the bathroom, put on a load of washing, cleaned the kitchen, put on the dishwasher, cleaned up cat spew (such a fun job) and found out that I am 99% likely to be offered the job I want by the end of the week!! The only obstacle is some supervisor who is supposed to officially approve me being hired. Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly and I should be able to start work on Monday! Woohoo! I can't wait to have money again :)

Today mum and I went to Photo Continental, which is a great camera shop in Brisbane but also has a massive scrapbooking section. We picked up some papers and chipboard scrapbooks for my christmas presents that I'm making for a few of my relatives. Mum recently found 7 handwritten recipes that were my grandmothers' so I'm going to do some recipe albums as Christmas presents.

I got a 6x6 paper pad of the new Basic Grey Romani/Gypsy paper as well as a sheet of matching letter stickers.

I also got the 12x12 Basic Grey LilyKate collection pack which includes the papers, letter stickers and the coordinating tags.






I also got 3 of these Delish Designs Biscuit Board Albums, which I think will be perfect.

I must say that until the release of Basic Grey Oh Boy and Oh Girl, I've never really been a fan of their papers. I only bought 1 sheet of Blitzen paper when it was released. I wasn't even going to get any of the Romani or LilyKate lines but they totally suit the people I'm making the presents for.

I had a look at the Canon digital SLRs while I was at Photo Continental. They had a Canon 400D with a 18-55mm lense and a 55-300mm lense for a measly $1500! Not bad! I reeeeeeally want one. Unfortunately a 5th camera (that's right, I have 4) is not exactly a priority at the moment. Maybe in a few years time when I'm ready to go on another overseas trip.

Today's 2 Peas blogging challenge is - Think Christmas. Think about your Christmas tree, if you have one. How do you decorate it? what do you use???? Blog about it.

We actually don't have a Christmas tree at the moment. We threw ours out last year as it was getting a bit yuckky. So we have plenty of home made decorations and a few new pretty store bought ones, some pretty star shaped lights and a boatload of tinsel that's probably older than I am and an angel that's head keeps falling off...but no tree. Mum wants to get a fiber optic one, which would be cool, except I think she's thinking of getting a small one whereas I prefer big trees with lots of room for presents underneath. I do like all those prettily decorated trees in the shops but for some reason, our trees always end up with the same old stuff. We also have a singing tree that my dad gave me a few years ago that always gets a few laughs out of us. It's this tree that sings Jingle Bell Rock and has big eyes that light up and it's just the funniest thing. It's usually our Christmas table center piece because it's so much fun to watch.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you get the job also. That would be awesome if you could start on Monday.
Sounds like you both had a terrific time at the camera shop. Looks like you got plenty of supplies for a little while.lol