Monday, October 23, 2006

Sparkly!

I don’t often feel really happy with my layouts, but I’m pretty proud of this one. It’s about a lounge that I went to in Vegas called the Peppermill. I wanted it to look retro and blingy to emphasise the 1970s feel of the interior lounge photo. The scan cut off the top and bottom parts, so the ribbon is actually on straight!

The pink Retro letter stickers in the title are Arctic Frog, I don’t know who made the sparkly silver Vegas letter stickers, I got the ribbon in New York. The stars, the paperclip with pink flower sticker and rhinestone circles on the pink photo corner are from various Jenni Bowlin kits and the other rhinestones were donated by my mother :) The retro line I bought at Blue Bazaar and is made by Magistical Memories. I painted it silver. The journalling is hidden behind the drink picture like so -

And below is a card I made yesterday for my cousin's boyfriend. The letter stickers are Making Memories Tiny Alphas. I love them, I need to get some more. The black line is actually navy ribbon.

Today's Two Peas blog challenge is - If you could only get one thing for Christmas, scrapbooking related, what would it be???

Dear Santa, Please can I have a Digital SLR. Preferrably Canon and preferrably with a lense or two. I've been a very good girl this year and I promise to be a good girl next year if it appears under my Christmas tree. Love Lesley.

No comments: