Monday, December 04, 2006

Think thin thoughts!

So it's 21 days til Christmas. The time of year when there's a lot of food and alcohol floating about...and what do I do? I go and join Weight Watchers. The online version. I'm such a bright spark aren't I? I joined up for 3 months (because it was cheaper in the long run).

I decided on online because I've tried the meetings version a bit over a year ago but I had to stop due to my work hours. I did it for 11 weeks...I lost 2kg (4 pounds) in the first week. It then took me another 9 weeks to lose 1 kg (2 pounds) and then it took me 1 week to gain back that 1kg. And then I gave up. Not that it mattered, because thanks to my fantastic friend the gallbladder I managed to mostly maintain my weight (as I couldn't eat anythingwith fat in it without being ill!).
I had my gall bladder & the two evil gall stones removed in April (best $3,000 I ever spent!) And have since then rapidly put on about 10kilos (20 pounds). I look awful, I feel like a whale and most of my clothes don't fit me. So from now on I'm on 21 points a day. I should be exercising too but at the moment I can't due to a foot injury.

Right so here's my plan & goals. They're fairly easy goals to reach but I dont want to set myself up for failure.

Goal -

1. To lose 3 kilos (6 pounds) by Christmas Day
2. To drink 5 glasses of water a day (especially on Saturdays & Sundays)
3. To at least eat 2 fruits a day

That's the plan for now. I'm just going to start small so that one day I will end up back here:


The date: 2 January 2003. The place: Movie World on the Gold Coast. Weight: 23.9 kilos lighter than I am now (that's about 50 pounds!!) Size: 12-14 (those pants are a size 12 AUS/8 US) and I still have them!

P.S Robin was a hottie!!!!

No comments: