Wednesday, January 10, 2007

2 Peas Blog Challenge

I just had a look at the Tuesday 2 Peas Blog challenge and thought I'd weigh in on the topic.

Challenge: Valentines day is right around the corner. What are you gonna be doing for your valentine this year??? blog about it.. or what do you hope to get from your valentine??? anything? Share your valentine wishes.

As per my post below, I'm single and therefore expect to get BUGGER ALL on Valentine's Day. I usually hate Valentine's Day, although the older I get, the less I care about it.

Almost every year I buy myself something for Valentine's Day. I started this in 1998. I felt sad and pathetic about not having anyone to celebrate V-Day with so I bought myself 2 CDs. Ever since then I've tried to buy myself a present, if finances allowed it. Last year was by far and away the best Valentine's Day I ever had. A couple of days before I booked an open jaw flight to America (Into Vegas, out from New York for September). I paid for my plane ticket on February 14 and I was so excited. I have no idea how I'm ever going to top that!

Other things I have bought myself for Valentine's Day include CDs, a Fish and Chip dinner and books.

You may correctly assume from the above ramblings that I have NEVER received anything on Valentine's Day. Not even a card.

If anyone has any ideas on what I should buy myself for Valentine's Day this year, let me know! :)

2 comments:

EquineSpirit said...

((HUGS!!)) I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day and are able to buy yourself something really really nice!!

Sean Carter said...

Well since Valentines Day is coming up soon i guess this is the right time to start the planning...and hey you never know who you might meet specially in the season of love and romance...well for some ideas and tips you can always drop by my love blog sometime and find out some real good stuff....