Friday, January 26, 2007

Happy Australia Day!

It's Australia Day today! Which means a day off work and a family BBQ. It's my uncle's birthday today too so every Australia Day we have a family get together. I just got home from the BBQ and I'm exhausted!


Despite the fact that it's a public holiday a lot of the shops were open so I went to Target and Kmart and Best & Less to pick up some homewares type stuff. I did pretty well. I got a beach towel (in case I move to the Gold Coast!), salt n pepper shakers, a nice serving bowl, a frying pan, tea towels, baking trays, a cake tin and lots of other things.


I made a couple of cards this afternoon as we actually celebrated 3 birthdays at the family BBQ. I totally left it to the last minute so they were a bit rushed.

This one was for my cousin's girlfriend who ended up not being able to make it to the party.
The papers are SEI and came from a Jenni Bowlin kit, as did the scalloped oval thing.


This is the inside of the card, using an SEI rubon that came with the Jenni Bowlin kit.



And this was for my uncle. I used Basic Grey paper, MM tiny alphas and some ribbon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.