Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!

I can't believe it's 2007! I remember when the year 2000 seemed a long way off!

I feel sorry for all the poor souls in Scotland. Edinburgh's famous Hogmanay was cancelled due to gale force winds, as were the celebrations in Glasgow. I was a part of the 2004-2005 Hogmanay celebrations - me, an English friend and 100,000 strangers. It's a lot of fun, though very squishy.
I spent my 2006-2007 New Years Eve at home, watching a few movies - Holiday Inn with Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire and I watched most of Chicago, did a spot of scrapbooking and ended up in bed at 11:30. I was awake til 12:30 so I did see the New Year in, even though I really just wanted to be asleep. The neighbours dog had other ideas apparently.

I saw Flushed Away at the movies this afternoon! It was really funny. One of my favourite parts was when the bad guys were chasing Roddy and Rita and one of them says 'Danger is my middle name' and the other bad guy says 'I thought your middle name was Leslie'. I think I was the only person in the cinema who laughed at that joke. :)

This picture is one taken last night in London, fireworks near the London Eye! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

No comments: