Sunday, January 28, 2007

Running!


I think I've tried to post this about 5 times already today! Silly Blogger!

I've started trying to run, using a program called Couch to 5k. It is a program that takes you from being a walker only through a 3 sessions per week, 9 week program (repeat weeks as necessary) that gradually increases your intervals of running until you are running continuously for 5km. Day 1, week 1 is 8mins running, 12 mins walking. I managed 3 mins running, 4.5 mins walking plus the 10minute warm up/cool down. Plus I staggered up a hill to get home.

It's tough, but I'm determined to keep at it because I felt so good after all the aches and pains went away. There's podcasts that you can download and it tells you when to run and when to walk.

I've decided to get myself an armband for my ipod if I'm still attempting this running thing by Mid-February, as my Valentine's Day present. Something similar to the one below. I keep worrying my ipod will fall out of my pocket.


Aren't I romantic?! :)

No comments: